GERD with Cough and Cold.
I have a history of Gastric Esophagitis due to GERD and IBS. I had taken medicines few months ago for Esophagitis. But this week i ate mutton. The symptoms of Esophagitis(Acid Reflux) along with cough and cold have returned. Do i go to ENT doctor first or a Gastroenterologist first? And what tests do i need to do for a definitive evidence of the problem?

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

An ENT Specialist is the doctor you need as he has to resolve the Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease.
Dr. Pinaki Mazumder
Otologist/ Neurotologist 31 yrs exp Kolkata

It seems you are suffering from LPR ( larygo-pharyngeal reflux) which causes symptoms like cough, irritation , lump sensation in throat, constant desire to clear the throat, burning sensation etc. Consult an ENT surgeon, he will be able to help you.