Genu vulgam

I m suffering from genu vulgam from past 4 years.i feel very much pressure on my knees whenever i walk.i also have a lots of pain in my there any other method to cure the disease except corrective osteotomy?i dont want to undergo surgery.please help
views-icons 54 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Ravi Nayak
Joint Replacement Surgeon 11 yrs exp Mumbai
I can understand that you have this pain since a long time. Treatment for genu valgum depends on the severity of deformity at the knees and the extent of discomfort it causes (eg. difficulty in walking, pain in the knees). Genu valgum can be treated with minor surgery during the growth phase (usually upto 16 years of age). After growth stops(seen as fusion of growth plates) , in most cases after 16 years of age, usually an osteotomy is required to correct high degrees of deformity. This is done after ascertaining whether the thigh bone or leg bone is involved.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?