Genital discomfort

For the last 2-3days, I have had to urinate frequently. There is also a slight irritation around the tip of my penis. I am an.obese individual and have excess fat in my pubic area I have concerns that I have contracted some.sort of infection I have been very negligent about my health and have been consuming a lot of junk food, especially sugar rich food. Please help me, this is really scary for me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Genital discomfort

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern... It may be due to urinary tract infection....Urinary tract infections can be painful, but you can take steps to ease your discomfort until antibiotics treat the infection.....Drink plenty of water. Water helps to dilute your urine and flush out bacteria....Avoid drinks that may irritate your bladder.... Avoid coffee, alcohol, and soft drinks containing citrus juices or caffeine until your infection has cleared. They can irritate your bladder and tend to aggravate your frequent or urgent need to urinate....if no improvements Consult nearest physician they will help you further...Weight gain happens either due to addition of extra calories or due to failure to spend calories consumed...these extra calories deposited in our body as fat..for weight reduction you have to consume less calories and spend more...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your diet with green tea,green leafy vegetables, fruits...do regular exercise at least 2 hours a day...