Genital area problem

I have itching, white abnormal thick discharge with a little reddening in the area of clitoris since two days. I m trying to wash it again n again but sometimes there is a lot of discharge. Please let me know what should I do or use
views-icons 134 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Genital area problem

doctor profile image
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
26 yrs. of exp | Pune | Sexologist
Thank you for your question. From your description it appears you have an infection. It would be best for you to see your gynaecologist for an accurate diagnosis and treatment. You may find that even after the infection is treated it may take up to a week for the itching and stinging to settle. Some other general measures are to use cotton underwear with panty liners which you can change frequently, wash with warm tepid water and dry thoroughly. Please do not wash or douche inside the vagina. Your doctor may do some tests to rule out the cause of the infection as well. Best wishes
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?