cardiologist-icon

Genetic testing for cvd

Hi, I wanted to know where I can get a genetic dna testing to know if I inherit the risk of getting a coronary vein disease as my risk is high due to my father had it before 55 and mom before 65 both of them also have BP and diabetes.. I do exercise on a regular basis but also a occasional smoker trying to quit..

Doctor Answers (3) on Genetic testing for cvd

Dr. Vikas Kohli Delhi | Cardiologist
You biggest challenge is avoiding or postponing diabetes in view of family history as it can result in diseases everywhere including heart D's. Try and work on understanding nutrition w the help of a nutritionist, exercising very regularly and never increasing weight into obese levels
Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | General Physician
You can get a HS crp done
But all said this will only stratify your risks
What will be is that you adopt lifestyle changes to avoid Cad
A proper diet and physical activity
No tobacco in any from no alcohol or any other drug abuse
Adopt DASH
Consult with a cardiologist personally
Dr Ashish Srivastava
General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello well I understand your anxiety since both parents are suffering from diabetes and hypertension yes family factor 2 comes in to play in case of both the diseases but apart from that even your lifestyle plays an important role in the disease I would suggest you not go for any genetic disease because it won't be in eating specific and won't help you much other than that I would suggest you to go for modification of risk factors as an quitting the smoking thing that maintaining your body weight well and diet modifications regular exercise all this will definitely help you in combating the disease thank you