cardiologist-icon
Genetic probability
I understand the fact that heart diseases such as atherosclerorsis is genetic, both my parents have it and have gone through surgical interventions both of them had it before 50, they got blood sugar first and I'm sure the heart problems came in later due to lack of exercise,uncontrolled food habits and stress related love lifestyle, my question is if their lifestyle is what caused their problems with heart, as uncontrolled food habits and have caused this then how can it be genetic? Isnt the lifestyle not to be blamed and how can we be sure the gene in me shared by them carries risk due to bad lifestyle they adopted years later after I was born?

It is a complex interaction of multiple risk factors which have different patterns in different individuals