Gas, sore throat,cold

I had suffered from internal cold and sore throat for 2 month and I have a problem of gas and this resion constipation is occurred and for this reason my belly is full of gas and I face lots of problems in my life and I also use medicine for gas...pauladom, open - cu, lanol er 605, arid. ..when I take this medicine my gas problem was cure bt after this again gas problem are started. ...and for this time I m using sinno spray for cold ...and 'rablet both are given by the doctor. ...plz tell what type of symptoms are they

Doctor Answers (1) on Gas, sore throat,cold

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Did you take any antibiotics when you had Cold and sore throat? When higher antibiotics are taken they kill the normal flora of the gut, and cause irregular bowel movements. They also cause gastritis. For this you will have to take a course of probiotics. Also other causes for irregular bowel movements and gastritis like malabsorption syndromes, metabolic disorders, crohns disease, ulcerative colitis will have to be looked at. So kindly consult a nearby general surgeon for your abdomen problems and ENT specialist for cold and sore throat. You might be started on proton pump inhibitors and probiotics for the same.