Gagging effect
I have to start orthodental treatment in few days..but I am afraid of teeth impression..I have severe gagging reflex.but stil one doctor from ridgetop used different material and gel last time..can I know the name of neutral taste material she used...?

Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi there ...that material is silicon impression material mostly... But it can also be curbed by fast setting alginates ... Take care ...!!
Mr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..it can be managed properly if doctor knows how to take impression. He can numb the soft and hard palate by anesthesia spray and then take impression. It won't cause gagging. A fast setting alginate is best to tackle gagging as well. Regards
Dr. Sanjay Nayak Sujir
Dentist 24 yrs exp Mangalore

Hi..we do have fast setting alginates especially used for orthodontic purposes...u may also explain your gagging issue and discuss with your specialist ....you can take an anti vomitting tablet prior to the impression ...or sometimes if a local anesthetic is sprayed onto the palate the gag reflex is subdued ...hope this helps
Dr. Mohita Sawhney
Endodontist 8 yrs exp Agra
Silicone impression causes less gagging reflex as compared to alginate material. In case of severe one, palate can be made free as it is of less value especially in orthodontic cases.

Newborn gagging for no reason