Fungal infection
I am having fungal infection since a long time. I have consulted to so many dermatologists about this & problem is that it is healing when I am taking medicine but it is reoccurring when I am stoping medicine. Much fed up with this.Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Probably you are not taking the right medications and right measures to prevent re infection. Or possibly there's resistance in the fungus. Keep the areas dry. Use an antifungal adsorbing powder. Take the full course of antifungal drug as prescribed . apply the antifungal cream one cm beyond affected margins of skin.. See a dermatologist for the necessary prescription. Don't use over the counter creams like itch guard since it had steroids and can cause resistance n persistence of fungal infection and side effects. Let me know if you need any further assistance in this regard. Take care