Fungal infection
I am having dry itch with redness on the outer surface on the inner thighs as well as hips... It's almost few years since I am taking various medications.. I have taken zocon 150 tablets on prescription . In the starting it worked bt then itch comes back .Used quadridrum , itch guard ringguard etc.kindly guide

Dr. Sanchit Talwar
Dermatosurgeon 8 yrs exp Chandigarh
Hi.Superficial Fungal infections have become chronically recurrent and difficult to treat because of incessant use of topical steroids and other OTC medicines.Please stop using creams like Fourderm,Quadriderm,Ringguard,Ring cutter,Betnovate to name a few.For your current condition,take Tablet Itraconazole 200 mg twice daily for 7 days and apply Onabet(Sertaconazole) cream locally twice daily.In addition take Tab Allegra 120 mg at night for the itching.Use an antifungal soap for bathing (e.g. Ketopz containing Ketoconazole).Do this for a week and let me know how you are doing. Regards, Dr.Sanchit Talwar, MD (Skin & VD), Consultant Dermatologist, Dr Talwar's Skin, Laser and Cosmetic Clinic CHANDIGARH