Frequent gastric, cold,
I am having frequent recurrence of cold, cough and gas trouble. General physician prescribes me anti-allergy tablets when I visit him. Have a long term gastric problem and indigestion issue. Is there any relation to cold, cough and stomach problems? Does it make any sense to consult a gastroenterology specialist for a long term fix?

Dr. R. Kamalakannan
Gastroenterologist 18 yrs exp Chennai
sometimes medicines taken for cold for long time can cause gastric irritation ; similarly chronic respiratory tract infection may alter gastric biota leads to infection. nothing wrong in getting gastroenterologist consultation.