Fracture Lt Ankle - Talus

Got a fracture in left ankle - posterior process of Talus. The fracture could not be diagnosed for about 4 weeks. It was considered to be a ligament injury and I was taking medication for the same. I consulted to another doctor and after getting the x-ray reports now it is confirmed that a bone is fractured. Though according to the doctor it is not a saviour damage but only minor fracture and because its already been 4 weeks there is no need to wear a plaster. Only 2 weeks rest and medication would be enough. But the injury is still as painful as it was before and it hurts a lot while walking. So would a plaster be helpful in healing the fracture faster or should I continue with only medication and rest?

Doctor Answers (1) on Fracture Lt Ankle - Talus

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... Plsater held the fragmented parts in position and put bones in proper alignment... So plaster is required .. If you take rest and don't walk ,you don't need cast .. But if your walking ,hurting it more you may need one .. Here I cannot guess the type of fracture with no x ray ... You better consult orthopedic surgeon with x ray and explain your problem.