Form my 2.5 yearolddaught
My daughter 2.5 year old, she is suffering from constipation from her 6 months of age. My pediatrician prescribed Duphalac, she is talking this medicine last 2 years. Whenever she stop taking Duphalac again same problem comes back. Is it good to take regular medicine or there is some other solutions. Please help me.

Hello There. I can understand your concern. her diet needs to have enough amount of fibre in it for better bowel movements. what kind of foods is she taking. she should develop a habit of having high fibre foods. you should stop duphalac and shouldn't give it for so long. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Sreenath S Manikanti
Pediatrician 23 yrs exp Bangalore
Chronic constipation needs to be evaluated. Needs to make sure she is not suffering from underactive thyroid. Needs to encourage to drink lots of fluids and more of fruits and vegetables. Now a days better laxatives are available in the form of Magrosols. Stop Duphalac &  try with Mu-out sachet 1-2 sachet @ night for 1 week and consult a pediatric gastroenterologist.