Foreskin swelling

Lately im experiencing a inflammation,itching and redness under my foreskin and a smelly discharge. What could it be?.  It goes off on its own and reoccur within a month or two. Happened like this thrice. Should I take a anti fungal or antibacterial tablet?
views-icons 34 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Foreskin swelling

Thank you for your question.
You do not mention if you are sexually active and if your partner(s) have symptoms too.
It is very likely to be an infection. If it is recurring then either it is not clearing up or you are getting reinfected. If this is the case your sexual partner(s) also need testing and treating.
Treatment is not as simple as taking antifungal or antibacterial medicines, as you will need testing and treating for a variety of sexually transmitted infections that include fungi, bacteria, viruses and protozoa. You will also need information and advice about HIV and Hepatitis B.
I would recommend that you consult a specialist in Skin and DVD. Many genitourinary lesions need to be seen to make a correct diagnosis. Please do not be tempted to treat yourself with over the counter medicines as this can change the lesion making it harder to diagnose and treat correctly.
hope this helps