Foreskin sticks to glans

Foreskin sticks to glans and glans has little whiteness to it. Also the skin does not retract when erected. Initially it did not retract at all but for some time I have been trying to slowly retract it while bathing in warm water and other situations very gently. This has resulted in a little retractability of the skin but it seems to stop after about 25%. I would not prefer circumcision unless there is some way to cure even if it takes time. Any topical creams? Please suggest....Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Foreskin sticks to glans

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.., looks like you have developed Phimosis.. Phimosis is the inability to fully retract the foreskin (or prepuce) over the glans penis due to a narrow opening. Acquired phimosis is a consequence of poor hygiene, forceful retraction of the tight foreskin over the glans penis and recurrent infections.  Application of weak topical corticosteroid creams to the tip of the penis proves to be effective in several cases. Surgery is performed in cases where conservative treatment fails. Circumcision (surgical removal of foreskin) is the only permanent cure.