Foot swelling and pain

The right foot swelling and pain due to broken finger bone as shown in the x ray what treatment should be done except doing plaster.

Doctor Answers (2) on Foot swelling and pain

Dr. Anjana Gupta (P.T.) Delhi | Physiotherapist
Hello It is very important to handle a female at 83 years very gently to make her comfortable. Fracture causes pain and swelling .Only for 48 hrs after the injury ice is good. The part has to be immobilized and can be very well done in splints . The swelling will gradually go down as the fracture heals. You can contact me so that I can assess and guide if walking can be allowed or not Don't worry these fractures heal in 2 to 3weeks
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..., Rest. Avoid activities that cause pain, swelling or discomfort....Ice. Use an ice pack or slush bath immediately for 15 to 20 minutes and repeat every two to three hours.. Compression. To help stop swelling, compress the foot with an elastic bandage until the swelling stops. Don't hinder circulation by wrapping too tightly. Begin wrapping at the end farthest from your heart....Elevation. To reduce swelling, elevate your foot above the level of your heart, especially at night. Gravity helps reduce swelling by draining excess fluid....Consult Orthopedician for further treatment...