Food to be avoided
My mitral valve has been replaced with mechanical type valve and I shall now be on blood thinner (Acitron) for life long. Can you pl advise the food which are to be avoided.

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani
Dietitian/Nutritionist 10 yrs exp Pune

You need restricted vitamin k avoid high sources of vit k like green leafy vegetables, soyamilk,non veg vit k is present in every food stuff but in some quantity of vit k is high u need to restrict them. Consult dietitian with proper for info
Dr. Harisha N L

make sure to eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, breads, lean meats including fish and low-fat dairy products. Foods that are high in saturated fats, sugar, salt, and sodium should be limited. Processed meats should be avoided. In general, a low-fat, low-cholesterol, high-fiber diet is best. After a valve replacement, do not use supplemental calcium without approval from your doctors.