Food in throat infection
I m suffering from dry cough and throat infection which food I need to avoid...and can eat egg and have milk during this period

Dr. Rajashekhar

hello avoid cold refrigerated items you can have egg and milk as they are balanced foods bye
Dr. Harisha N L

Drink plenty of water,eat soft foods like cooked cereal, mashed potatoes, soft fruits, yogurt and soft-cooked eggs...give adequate rest to your body..Avoid spicy foods or acidic foods. Gargle with warm salt water. gargling several times a day can help relieve throat pain....you will require antibiotics to clear up infection..

Hello there. I can understand your concern. You need to drink lots of water and take precautions of avoiding too much oily and spicy foods. Avoid smoking and alcohol intake also. Also, I would suggest you to seek treatment for your problem as soon as possible. Do salt water gargles. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Aseem Dewan
Consultant Physician 13 yrs exp Delhi

Modern (allopathic) system of medicine is not too rigid about food restrictions. Common sense would dictate avoidance of very cold and very sour /spicy foods and drinks.
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. There's not many food restrictions to be followed. But it's safe to avoid cold drinks, spicy and oily foods. You can eat egg and drink milk. They are good for your health. But try to take them when they are hot. For your sore throat and cough, I hope you have consulted a Ent specialist. You might need oral antibiotics. Try to do salt gargle at home.

Food to avoid during throat infection