Follicular study

Hi friends, I am trying to conceive for past 2yrs and my lmp is 31.07.16, follicular study was done by my gynec from my 9th day, on my 11th day Dr said 20mm follicle was there on my right ovary and 23mm follicle was on my left ovary and endometrium thickness is 8.4mm and advised for hcg shot and repeat folicular study was done on my 14th day and found the eggs were released and the endometrium thickness is 14.5mm and suggested susten 200mg vaginally and advised to have regular intercourse. Unfortunately we had intercourse from my 9th day to 16th day, post which we can't. However I'm using susten regularly. How possible I could get a positive result this month I'm eagerly expecting

Doctor Answers (1) on Follicular study

Dr. Vijyaben Patel Ahmedabad | Gynecologist
Hi you did right thing. Your ovulation took place between 11to 14 day( which you may have felt as pain in lower abdomen.) And after release from folical egg lives only for 24 hours. Therefore after 24hours of ovulation , keeping relation will not be useful.