Follicular study
Which day is better to do Follicular study test after periods? My wife has suggested by doctor for this test. She has PCOD problem.is this test useful for conceiving.......... please suggest.

Dr. Sachin Dalal
Gynecologist 17 yrs exp Mumbai

A baseline sonography is done on the 2nd or 3rd day of the periods. Tablets are given for inducing ovulation and follicular sonography started from day 9 of periods till the ovulation is confirmed. Yes it does help increase the chances of pregnancy. Alternatively you can also use ovulation detection kits available at the medical stores. Dr Sachin Dalal Madhu Hospital Bhandup West Mumbai
Dr. DHAVAL DHARANI
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 3 yrs exp Banas Kantha
Hi I understood your concern Follicular study is the first step in infertility treatment.ideally it start from 8-10 days after periods,every alternate days up to 16 days or follicle reach up to 18-20mm size. Ya its helpful in your treatment for conceiving Thanks