Floating black lines
I am seeing floating dark lines whenever I look in distance like sky or lake. I use laptop for long hours. I also use anti glare. is it normal?

Dr. Ravi Thadani
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 34 yrs exp Delhi

Eye floaters are those tiny spots, specks, flecks and "cobwebs" that drift aimlessly around in your field of vision. While annoying, ordinary eye floaters and spots are very common and usually aren't cause for alarm.Noticing a few floaters from time to time is not a cause for concern. However, if you see a shower of floaters and spots, especially if they are accompanied by flashes of light, you should seek medical attention immediately from an eye care professional. It could be PVDs (Posterior vitreous detachments), RD (Retinal Detachment), etc. You should probably get your retina examined by Retinal specialist near you and get treatment accordingly.