Fistula in ano treatment

I am having fistula in ano. My doctor has suggested surgery for it. Is there any non surgical ways to treat it.

Doctor Answers (2) on Fistula in ano treatment

Dr. B. M. Lava Bangalore | General Physician
Sir, Surgery is the treatment.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Treatment of anal fistula depends on the fistula's location and complexity. The goals are to repair the anal fistula completely to prevent recurrence and to protect the sphincter muscles. Damage to these muscles can lead to fecal incontinence. The options include: Fistulotomy. The surgeon cuts the fistula's internal opening, scrapes and flushes out the infected tissue, and then flattens the channel and stitches it in place. To treat a more complicated fistula, the surgeon may need to remove some of the channel. Fistulotomy may be done in two stages if a significant amount of sphincter muscle must be cut or if the entire channel can't be found. Advancement rectal flap. The surgeon creates a flap from the rectal wall before removing the fistula's internal opening. The flap is then used to cover the repair. This procedure can reduce the amount of sphincter muscle that is cut. Seton placement. The surgeon places a silk or latex string (seton) into the fistula to help drain the infection. Fibrin glue and collagen plug...consult nearest surgeon they will do the needful..