Fibroids..

Hi, I am trying to conceive since 18 months with no luck.. I went to a different doctor yesterday for a second opinion..the doc asked me to do a pelvic scan.. in the reports we got to know that i have a 4mm fibroid above my right ovary.. the doc has asked me to get a laparoscopy done so that they can remove the fibroid and clean the tubes as well in case of any blockage. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (2) on Fibroids..

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
It's a sign of estrogen dominance which has to be addressed from the root cause.
Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there.. I understand your worry.. fibroids are benign collection of increased growth of uterine smooth muscles.. they can be just below mucosa or in the myometrium or just below serosa layer.. depending on location symptoms appear.. they may be small or big but can cause tubal blockage sometimes leading to difficulty in sperm entry leading to infertility.. if al your and your husband reports are normal then this may be the cause.. it have been good if you had attached your reports along so that I could know the exact location of fibroid and could have said whether or not it's the reason for your infertility.. please consult your doctor back, they will do the needful..