Few acne on face

Hi I am 23 year old female, recently got diagnosed with pcos, but DHT is in range Periods are very regular also have maintained normal weight but have few acne on face and have acne scarring too My doctor has put me in dutas 10mg is it safe what are its side effects??

Doctor Answers (1) on Few acne on face

Skin care needs to be customized based on the presenting complaints. There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions and commitment on part of the patient. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. You will have to discuss the side effects with your treating physician as there is a risk benefit ratio which is accounted.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.