Fever since last 4 days
I have been having fever since the last 4 days , I have a parasitamol before sleeping and after lunch n the fever goes , there is very rare cough in between , should I consult a doctor or will parasitamol heal me ?

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Fever is a first sign that your body is trying to defend itself from foreign pathogens in a case of an attack. Fever doesn't necessarily means it's harmful. But since you say it's been four days, I think it's better to get your self checked out now by a physician. There may be a lower respiratory tract infection, typhoid, viral fever etc. You may need to be started on antibiotics as soon as possible. Consult a physician near you as soon as possible. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Hello.A fever isn't necessarily a cause for alarm. Fever seems to play a key role in fighting infection. Persistent fever can signal a hidden infection, which could be anything from a urinary tract infection to tuberculosis.you could have got infection from someone close to you who has been infected, it could have been a droplet infection or gastrointestinal infection etc. Sometimes certain medications can also cause fever like side effect. consult your doctor if your temperature is 103 F (39.4 C) or higher or you've had a fever for more than three days.