Fertility and estradiol t
I have been suffering with fertlity problems and planning for an iui cycle this month. Doc has prescribed emgra (estradial valerate) 2 mg tabs for 14 days. I read on internet that this tablet has got some serious side effects like breast and ovarian cancer.. Is that true?

Dr. Iranna Hittalamani
General Physician 4 yrs exp Gokak
Yup those serious side effects can occur but your doctor knows it and has prescribed them for right duration. Those are the long term side effects. If that tablet is consumed for years,like you use it for contraception.
Dr. Shalaka Shimpi
Obstetrician 21 yrs exp Pune
The dosage prescribed to you is for a short term period with a small dose .This has a wide safety margin.so you can go ahead with the treatment.wish you all the best.