Feeling of braces

How do i feel when i will get my braces i will be getting that on 21/05/16 so can i preapare for that i am so worried about wearing braces (will they hurt ?) (will they allow me to speak properly?)(how will i look with my ceramic braces?)

Doctor Answers (3) on Feeling of braces

Hi..no need to worry. Discomfort will be there for two to three days only. After that you don't feel uncomfortable. Ceramic braces gives pleasant look as compared to metal.. Regards
Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hey there ...don't worry...you will be absolutely fine with the braces...and ceramic braces won't look bad too... But..!! yes, u would feel some discomfort that something unusual is there in your mouth...but soon ul be fine... Sometimes ul have ulcers... For which u can apply dental gels... Be positive and just wait for your new smile... Take care ..!!
Hello friend, Well, wearing braces is a new experience. You will of course have a new and different feeling for the initial few days. There might be slight discomfort in your gums due to the tight feeling. Your doctor might prescribe mild painkillers to put you at ease. Some patients also get ulcers and a simple gel application relieves them too. So, as you can see- some discomfort might be expected but it can easily be relieved with medicines. You will be able to speak normally and after getting used to the braces, you will be totally comfortable. Do not worry about the looks as ceramic brackets will be highly aesthetic. You can go for invisalign braces in case you are very concerned about looks. But they are costlier. All the best!