Feeding issue
Is it okay if I give my 2 month old son a honey nipple without piercing it just to make him not cry for some time.my son cry for milk like every hour or less which is causing him issues related to over feeding. I consulted a paediatrician and he suggested to feed the baby at intervals not less than 2 hrs but it's very difficult to keep baby without milk for 2 hrs or even 1 hour at times.what best can be done here? What about feeding interval and overfeeding?

Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
Infertility Specialist 12 yrs exp Pune

First See that if you feed baby try to empty one breast at one time for 15-20 min and next time next side first... Coz if you try to feed from both side baby will get foremilk only.. And all the time he will feel hungry and cry for feed... If his wt is according to std wt chart, at least 5-6 timed clear urine then think baby getting good amount of milk... Demand feeding is required thing for babies and you can't follow the pattern of 2hr always.. And last keep exclusive breast feeding at least for 6 month...
Dr. Vijyaben Patel
Gynecologist 37 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Hi, your paediatrician is absolutely right. Your baby is in fast learning phase.You are feeding your baby when  he/she cried. So now that cry is emoticonal instrument. Your duty is to bear that cry for one day by giving water in between two feeds. Learns fast, so will learn that crying will not feed me milk.