Fear of goi to classes

I am a medical student studing 1st year from the time I started my mbbs course i started being afraid of everything regarding education and i lost self confidence too.i am afraid to go to classes,practicals everything not because of blood and other things i see there but because of my professors.i am afraid that they are going to ask me a question and i will not be able to answer it and such things.i was never this way i did very good in my high school and intermediate too.my education is also effected.i am not able to adjust to my surroundings,people around me.i was always surrounded by my parents or my best friends before they told me when i am taking a wrong path but now people want me to fail i mean the people around me right now.what should i do to decrease my phobia and increase my self confidence and to decrease my tension

Doctor Answers (2) on Fear of goi to classes

Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
Try saying " sorry sir i don't know this answer" with confidence.
You can take professional help if problem is severe.
Hello,
The first year of medical school is a tough year for everyone. Things get easier and better after that. Talking to some seniors and getting some guidance and help is all you need to do. Reading before going to the class will give you confidence. If things are still difficult you can see a psychiatrist in your hospital for guidance.