diabetes-icon

Fasting : 350 & PP : 551

I mother is diabetic and on medication. Today Morning I took her for check up and hot reports now it shows fasting 350 and PP 551. I am panicked now. Although she is having no problems as such like any symptoms etc. Shall I take her to doctor immediately in night or I can wait till morning. Please help I am worried.

Doctor Answers (2) on Fasting : 350 & PP : 551

Mohammed Zaid Chennai | General Physician
I am 2 days late. I hope by now you have taken your mother to a doctor and she is alright. The thing about such high blood sugars in a type 2 is that they go for something called HONK which could be quite a dangerous situation. It's best attended urgently.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. It is better to take to a general physician or diabetician as soon as possible. Sometimes due to very high sugars, the patient can develop complications like diabetic keto acidosis. Also she will need to get her HbA1C and urine routine for ketone bodies. But first take her to a general physician in the morning for further evaluation.