Facial paralysis
From past 3 days I am not able to move my left side of month and check. Feel as if some thing is holding my left mouth muscle. Due to this I m not able speak, smile and eat food. Also left Eye Lid is coming down while blinking. Plz help me, as to whom I need to contact... Is it good to consult an Ent specialist

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

Looks like Bells' Palsy, a viral infection which affects the Facial Nerve causing it to swell up. Unfortunately, a large portion of this nerve passes through the temporal bone before it exits the skull behind and below your ears. This nerve swelling causes compression of the nerve in the bony canal causing your symptoms. Please drop into my clinic and let me confirm the diagnosis. It is easily treated with good medicines and physiotherapy.