Facial hair

Does eflora (eflorithine hydrochloride cream 13.9%)helps to reduce facial hair growth or makes hairs looks thinner.Actually I took 4 or 5 session of laser but it made my hairs worse.pls help...I am using it on everyday basis

Doctor Answers (2) on Facial hair

Dr. Suruchi Puri Delhi | Dermatologist/Cosmetologist
Hair growth in the laser hair treatment is seen if suboptimal dose or a low power laser is used. Always go For USFDA laser hair reduction machine and ideally done by dermatologist especially for facial area , obviously charges of such laser and dermatologist would be more but in long term would benefit the patient . U can surely visit our website for more on laser hair reduction and even read the article in Practo . Hope u get best if the results www.drsuruchipurimakeovers.com is the site u can visit
Dr. Nirupama Parwanda Delhi | Dermatologist
Hello, thank you for your query. At the outset one needs to determine the cause of excess facial hair, the reasons could be multiple, the most common being idiopathic and hormonal. If there is a hormonal issue leading to the excess hair growth then it needs to be dealt with. Laser hair reduction is one of the best ways to reduce facial hair but if appropriate technology of the laser is not used or adequate energy is not used then it might lead to delayed results or paradoxical hypertrichosis (excess and coarse hair growth in areas with previously fine hair growth) I would suggest you to sort out for a clinic offering a diode based FDA approved device as a solution for hair reduction. Though, Eflorithine does help reduce the problem of excess and coarse facial hair but the results are slow to achieve and are not as gratifying as with Laser Hair Reduction.