Face change post c-sectio

Hi Doctor. . I had a c section 8 months ago. My face changed completely to thick black color especially around eyes..nose & mouth. My actual color is fair but seeing myself now appears to be a very diseased person. Please suggest what needs to be done. THANKS IN ADVANCE..

Doctor Answers (1) on Face change post c-sectio

Dark circles around the eyes at your age is unusual and could indicate an insulin resistance. Skin is the mirror of internal health and to get a perfect skin you need to treat both ways - internally and externally. See a Dermatologist who will recommend a product for reducing pufiness and darkness and the correct method to use it, it should be dabbed and not rub. He may request a few blood tests to understand the blood chemistry and treat them specifically. Avoid rubbing the eyes as it will increase pigmentation. Now-a-days many chemical peels also offers realistic promise- like glycolic acid and lactic acid peels. Dermapen in combination with mesotherapy also helps. A healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.     Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala