Eye sight

She has eye sight of -5.25 in both the eyes she can not see any thing in long distance. recently consulted dr says have to wait for one year for the laser treatment since her retina thickness is less. my colleages said minus sight is not curable by lasers and increases in future. i am willing to marry her and want to know about the eye sight issues to convince my family. does the sight increase or what is it i should do to cure her. or r there is any that i should know.

Doctor Answers (2) on Eye sight

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello dear.. Just relax....lasik is suitable for everyone after age of 18 yrs. There are few tests that should be normal to undergo lasik surgery. Retinal thickness is not important but yes corneal thickness is most important parameter. Corneal thickness should be more than 500 micron. Corneal thickness remains constant and doea not change or increase with age. So i dont know why the doctor advised to wait for one year. At this age either u are suitable candidate for lasik or not. if u are not suitable for lasik even then dont get disheartened. In patients who are not suitable for lasik ..we have option of phakic lens to get rid of glasses permanently..so smile
Dr. Hithysh BM Bangalore | General Physician
Hello take an consultant or on expert opinion for any surgery related issues definitely lasik can correct eye sight upto -11 to -13...but certain criteria should be full filled take your doctors advice eye sight is not an issue she can be treated cosnsult ophthalmologist for further evaluation and treatment.