Eye problem
Hello doctor. I had been operated for LASIK two years ago. I was high myopic patient. My Life partner is also having high myopic numbers in both eyes. My query is.... Is there any chance of my children having ophthalmic problems in future!!!!??? Or having weak eye sight since birth!!!???

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

hello this is possible and only way is that you keep in touch with ophthalmologist and get regular eye examination of your child from early age
Dr. Hetalkumar Yagnik
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 10 yrs exp Surat
Myopia is commonly hereditary so chances are there that get glasses at early age.but weakness develops due to delay in identification of myopia.so get their eyes checked at the age 3 and onwards 6 monthly to avoid weakness