Eye floaters
I had cataract surgery in 2015 of both my eyes and major floaters developed in both eyes immediately after surgery . What are the reasons for that and how to treat it.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 10 yrs exp Sangrur

Eye floater if one or two signify normal aging process. They cant b treated with medicine..only way to get rid of them is to avoid them...continue ur work n dont pay attentiin to floatrrs ...over some tym..ur brain will start ignoring them n they wont trouble u...but if floaters are more in number...consult retina specilist as it could be serious like retinal detachment
Dr. Manish Mahabir
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 6 yrs exp Delhi
Most common cause for the development of floaters following cataract surgery is posterior vitreous detachment. It results in a large single floater called Weiss ring. It is benign, there is nothing to worry about and you will get used to it. But in case you have a shower of floaters or they are multiple in number, you should get your retina examined after full dilatation to rule out any retinal detachment or break.