Eye floaters

Hi, I'm 20 now, I'm wearing glasses, and I feel something floating inside my eyes,like small balls, nerves like things,I see it more floating when I remove my glasses,it floats when I move my eyeballs,CAN I KNOW WHAT CAUSES THIS,WHAT IS THE REASON FOR this,is this a disease, and how to cure this problem, what medical treatment is there for this and how much it costs, it doesn't disturb me too much,but I think the floating particles increases as days go...so pls some1 answ my ques.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1.these are floaters 2. This is due to natural process called vitreous liquifaction 3. There is no treatment or cure for this 4. It will not affect your eye sight 5. Just ignore it and after some time your brain will learn to avoid it
Dr. Shubha N
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Mysore

Hi, you are experiencing floaters in eye, cause of liquifying jelly called vitreous in our eyes. Few people have it and lead normal life, and if there is no disturbance in your vision, like sudden diminution of vision as a curtain falling in front of your eyes or if not associated with flashes of light you can wait and watch. But as you said that it is increasing I would advice you to visit a specialist ophthalmologist and get your eyes evaluated in detail to rule out any problems like a tear or hole in retina.