Eye cataract

After the cataract operation my mother still have some week vision for far distance. It seems the lence installed is not of correct power. 30 days has been past for operation. She complains some time she get pain in other eye. Or she requires rest for eye after 3/4 hrs. Can you suggest if there is something wrong and what action should I take?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1. After cataract surgery... Glasses are required for clear vision...Glasses both for distance and near vision. 2. Glasses are advised 45 days after surgery 3. Other eye pain is not related to surgery 4. Keep using medicines as prescribed by your doctor and get her a pair of Glasses. I hope this will help you

Hello there. I can understand your concern. If your mother has some amount of weak vision I think it's normal at her age. There cannot be complete restoration of vision like how a person was as a young age. Also the vision doesn't just involve the lens. Retina, optic nerve, and a lot of neurons in the brain also play a important role therefore it may be a problem with these growing weak. For pain, Consult your ophthalmologist for further examination and management. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.