Eye Allergy

Whenever I am exposed to air, AC, and even small dust particles I have eye problems- pain, irritation, itching, watery eyes, redness. My eye sight becomes temporarily blurred sometimes. I had been facing this problem from past 4 years. My doctor said I have eye allergy and advised me REFRESH and WINOLAP DS eye drops, but the problem was solved only to some extent. Later I was advised SYSTANE ULTRA drops, but the problem was the same. Is there any permanent solution for this problem? I had also been suffering from skin rashes under the eyes and around the nose. Is that because of tears? And are there any tests to pinpoint the cause of allergy?

Doctor Answers (2) on Eye Allergy

Dr. Arun Rajan Thiruvananthapuram | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
You probably have dry eye associated with computer vision syndrome. Take frequent breaks, use lubricating drops, blink frequently while using the computer, maintain correct posture, don't sit with the AC blowing in your face . There is no permanent solution to your problem as computer use is part of your profession. Refresh tears or optive fusion eye drops should be good for you. Your rashes may be associated with this problem. And don't forget to get a good nights sleep... which is always good for your eyes.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Best treatment would be to find allergens causing symptoms and to avoid it...over the counter antihistaminics will be beneficial to you...Consult nearest allergy clinic for skin prick test and other modalities of investigations in which they will test you for various allergens and find out to what you are allergic...and they treat you with diluted doses of that allergen to desensitise your body to that allergen...good luck.