Extreme redness and itch

From the past few months, I have been experiencing intolerable itching in my genital area. Because of this itch, there is extreme redness in my genitals. There are patches of red marks on my groin and thighs. I used some creams based on consultation with local pharmacists which helped in reducing the itch for few days, but now its uncontrollable. I have slight hesitation in visiting a doctor for this issue. Attaching a picture as well. Please help and advice on this. Kindly write back for more details. Thanks in advance.
views-icons 33 Views Bookmark this Answer

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe
Dermatologist 10 yrs exp Pune
Hello, I can understand it can be embarrassing to show to a doctor for the skin problem in this area but a doctor is the best guide who can effectively diagnose and treat the condition rather than just applying OTC creams which often worsen the rash when you discontinue them. You are having a condition called intertrigo and it appears that it has got infected. My suggestion is that you visit a qualified dermatologist as soon as possible for proper treatment and in future avoid any OTC based creams which often contain strong steroids that result in permanent side effects if you continue using them. Regards, Dr Pinanky Jadhav, Pune
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?