Excessive Hair fall

My hair is falling too much, although my all family members have the same problem and it seems to be genetic, but I want its there any kind of precaution or any way to stop it further...
views-icons 179 Views bookmarks-icon 3 Bookmarks Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Excessive Hair fall

Dr. Prakash Kumar Khute Delhi | Dermatologist
It seems that you have androgenetic alopecia which is a progressive problem leading to baldness it can be stopped by medications which are easily available. Start minoxidil 5% lotion as early as possible. Few important point you need to understand about this therepy: 1-you need to apply 1 ml twice daily in clean and dry scalp 2-effect you will see after 3-4 month, initially there may be increased hair fall but dont worry about that and dont stop medication 3- there is no fixed course of minoxidil, the effect will remain till the period you are applying this. Once you stop, hairfall will again start so if you want to keep your hair whole life apply minoxidil regularly. 4-it is very safe drug and usually there is no side effect except mild irritation in some patients. Best wishes Dr Prakash Khute