Essential hyprtension

Today all the doctors and medical fraternity seems clueless as to what is the root cause of essential hypertension. All the tst results and other heart function tests remain normal still some people have higher than normal BP. This question has puzzled me since years. Can someone throw some light on any research or findings in this regard. I believe that it is due to overactive sns. But could not find any real cure for it. Any help in this regard would b invaluable to me. Thanks
views-icons 26 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Essential hyprtension

Dr. Atul Aswani Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Yes. You are right. We don't have all the answers. And the "Why" questions are the most difficult to answer in science anyways. From my perspective; I would like to ensure that anxiety, stress, depression are not there because they can make response to treatment lesser. Thereafter we need to focus on regular exercise, a low glycemic index diet and solid 8 hours of sleep. If you do all of that you will have better control of BP.