Escitalopram side effects

Basically i am feeling fatigue, over masturbation, day dreaming, sleepy, tired, unwillingness to study, anger and abusive to my gf and suspecting her, i was a topper but now in my b. Tech i got too many back logs that lead me in more depression My psychiatrist told me to take Escitalopram 10 mg for a month Now after a month my appetite is better, my breathing is better, thoughts are not too much intense now but still i denial study and that worrying me, i am still tired fatigue and unwilling to study, i afraid to even see to the big books, and the biggest side effect of Escitalopram is i have to make effort to remember things My mother is schizophrenia patient and some psychiatrist told me to take antipsychotic medication too but i dont feel hallucinations, delution, hearing noises etc Should still i take antipsychotic drug just bcz my mother is schizophrenic I just want to study and control my anger and suspecting my partner and want to be more energetic What should i do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Escitalopram side effects

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there.... Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help preven,t a relapse of symptoms..... Consult Psychiatrist....