ENT plastic surgeon

My sister don't have one ear from birth n She been operated for the same but didn't get the accurate ear shape. So please let me know is it possible to operate her again n get the exact shape. Please let us know the cost n how many days it will take. Also procedure for the same. Previously the doctor had used her one of the rib to operate her. Also please let me know the risk in this process.

Doctor Answers (1) on ENT plastic surgeon

Dr. Vinay S Bhat Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
Your sister might have had condition known as anotia for which she has undergone pinnaplasty...its a very difficult procedure and results are many times unsatisfactory...there are very few surgeons who master the art of total auricular reconstruction. You can contact Dr. Ashish Bhoomkar from nasik who is good at this procedure. Otherwise she can go for something known as osteointegrated prosthesis where artificial ear is fixed and it also gives very satisfactory outcome