Enquiry about aids
Hai to all respected  doctors My father  aged 40 he is having aids since more than ten years, me and my mother  only know about  this, my father didn't  know about this, if i reveal it to my father that he has aids, surely  he would commit suicide, bcoz he is very prestigious  person, can u pls help me what to do now

Dr. Divya Shree K.R
Psychiatrist 15 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello, It is better to reveal the details of his illness to your father. Because sooner or later he will have to take antiretroviral treatment as his disease progresses. He will need regular health checks and CD 4 count monitoring.You might end up harming him by preventing him from taking care of his health. Nowadays, there are effective treatments for HIV infection and by taking medications as prescribed.