Emergency contraceptive

I had sex with my boyfriend today. He ejaculated inside me by mistake. Please tell me is there any way or any contraceptive that can prevent pregnancy. Is there any contraceptive that can be taken only once to prevent pregnancy and doesn't have any side effects. Please tell me how to take it n how many times?

Doctor Answers (1) on Emergency contraceptive

Thank you oh for your question.
You can purchase the emergency contraceptive pill or ipill from your pharmacy.
Some things to note
Ipill is intended as emergency  contraception  when regular contraception fails. It is most effective when taken within 24 hours of unprotected intercourse and can be used up to a maximum of 72 hours. The longer you leave it the higher the chance of an unwanted pregnancy. You can use it more than once in a cycle. Common side effects are nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps and unscheduled bleeding. If your period is delayed by over seven days you need to do a pregnancy test.
Ejaculating outside is not effective contraception and spoils the pleasure of orgasm for both. You need to use condoms to prevent sexually transmitted infections and additional effective contraception if you are very sure you do not want to get pregnant.
Best wishes