Electrocautery

Hi I went through RF and electrocautery to get my warts on neck removed. I am taking zinc to improve my immunity. I now want a permanent solution for this can you please suggest

Doctor Answers (4) on Electrocautery

Dr. Ajaya Kashyap Delhi | Dermatologist
Thank you for your question. RF and Electrocautery are the standard treatment for viral warts. If you still have too many left you can consider other options like cryotherapy and autoinnoculation of warts along with high doses of zinc which can prevent its recurrence.
Dr. Deepak Devakar Bangalore | Dermatologist
thank you for your query. please clarify from a dermatologist near you, if it is a viral wart or a skin tag (which commonly is called a wart, however it is a benign skin growth). if it is a viral wart after multiple attempts of removal, after a period of time they stop growing, if it is a skin tag it is a one time solution
Dr. Sandeep Gupta Delhi | Dermatologist
Wart can recur whatever treatment is given Immunotherapy may help in preventing recurrence
Hi.
Thanks for the query.
Viral wart are quite redundant at times. Mechanical removal by Electrocautery or Radio frequency ablation ate standard treatment protocols. Other options like cryotherapy is also there, though it may require multiple sessions. Having a high zinc dosage for few months is reported to prevent recurrences. Have a good life style and it should be all you need. A recurrence if happens should be treated promptly. Hope it helps you. If no recurrences for 3 years, you can assume that you have probably eliminated the virus from your body.