Ectopic pregnancy
Dear sir/mam My wife is suffered from ectopic pregnancy due to right tube blockages and she already done surgery of ectopic pregnancy above of one year. Now we are planning for baby...its right time or no ,please kindly suggest me

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
General Physician 26 yrs exp Pune

Thank you for your question. Yes you can try for a baby. Please remember that the risk of a repeat ectopic is greater than normal because of the history of a previous ectopic. This is because usually the pathology that resulted in one tube getting an ectopic pregnancy exists in both tubes. Therefore if you miss a period and the pregnancy test is positive you must inform your gynaecologist without delay so that an early ultrasound can confirm the location of the pregnancy as being intrauterine. This is very important. Please also take folic acid while you are trying to conceive. Best wishes