Early Pregnancy
Hi Doctor, I had my first TVS scan on 22nd Oct 2016, and on that time my doctor told me that everything is normal and GS size is 0.92cm(4-5week pregnancy). Today I.e 5th Nov, I did my second TVS and the report came as below. Irregular Gest Sac, No FHR , No fetal Pole and Yolk Sac noted. Is this normal during pregnancy?. Can I continue with My pregnancy?. I am very worried as my Gynecologist suggest me a another scan after a week or so , In case the GS size not improves I may need to go for a abortion.I am suffering from PCOD. My last mensuration period was 29th July 2016. Please suggest me what should I do??

Dr. Aarti Kulkarni
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Thane

There should be interval growth in 10 says but the SAC is irregular and yolk SAC fetal pole and cardiac activity not seen,So better to do it after a week,  if no growth go for termination. As you are pcod, there can be progesterone deficiency. Wen you try for next pregnancy do serum progesterone after 8 days of follicle rupture and start supplements before you miss period under guidance of gynecologist. Start folic acid tablet daily.