Eardrum problem
I had earpain in my left ear few days back. I went to a ENT doctor , he did endoscopy and showed some blackish scar in my eardrum which he concluded as traumatic rupture and advised tympanoplasty. Next day I went to another doctor for second opinion , he went for tympanometry and it was normal. He said that eardrum is normal and probably it's appearance is different from usual. Now I am really confused, please guide. I don't have any pain or hearing loss.

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 21 yrs exp Bangalore

Your second doctor sensibly did an impedance audiometry(tympanometry) to confirm the diagnosis thereby avoiding an unnecessary surgery!
Dr. Pinaki Mazumder
Otologist/ Neurotologist 32 yrs exp Kolkata

When you have no symptoms and your tympanometry was normal you need not do anything.